Blade Under Mask is free to everyone to read - we believe a good story is worth sharing. While all of our work falls under protection of the copyright law, we'd like to grant our fans as much freedom as possible to express themselves.
Thus, here is a list of the permitted usage of the Blade Under Mask universe:
- Any material drawn or otherwise created by The Torigami Team cannot be sold. This includes portions of the pages of the comic, illustrations, sketches and any other content created by us - unless stated otherwise.
- You may produce any sort of artwork derived from Blade Under Mask without asking for permission. In fact, we encourage you to! Do it! This includes pictures, animations, music, games, writing or any other kind of creative work.
- This permission is limited to a personal, non-business scale, meaning you must either keep it non-commercial or independent productions, like fanzines or doujinshi. More about it on the FAQ below.
- If you wish to make any sort of commercial, large-scale usage of the Blade Under Mask universe, please contact us in order to reach a suitable arrangement/agreement.
- If you've got our permission to use it commercially, make that clear in your work.
- Do not claim Blade Under Mask as your own creation.
- Do not imply we, the authors, approve or codone in any form your derivative artwork. You have our permission to use our world as inspiration, but the responsibility for the outcome is entirely yours.
- Credit is very much appreciated!
- We reserve the right to revoke any of these permissions in any case wherein we believe the material to be damaging, offensive or otherwise problematic to us, the comic or the community.
- What is considered an independent production?
- Any kind of amateur or otherwise self-published artwork, made for fans by fans.
- Take this opportunity and familiarize yourself with the concept of doujinshi. Doujinshi
- Can I sell prints/copies of Blade Under Mask fan art I drew/created myself?
- If you're printing them yourself and selling limited copies (i.e. at a convention), then it's fine.
- We ask you do not put these for sale at "on-demand" websites, though - such as printing services for posters, T-shirts, mugs etc.
- Can I get paid for drawing Blade Under Mask characters, if people commission me to?
- Of course!
- How about adult material? Are there any limitations to it?
- No. You may produce material of any rating. Tasteful or not, just remember to respect your local law.
- Again, if you wish to make any sort of commercial, large-scale usage of the Blade Under Mask universe, please contact us in order to reach a suitable arrangement/agreement.
- How should I credit you?
- It suffices to credit Blader Under Mask to The Torigami Team, with a link to our main hub, http://bladeundermask.com